금문교회 창립 제25주년 감사예배

설교. 제프 허친슨 목사 Rev Dr Jeff Hutcheson

번역. 조은석 목사

The Lord is My Shepherd

여호와는 나의 목자시니

May 12, 2019 @ Golden Gate Presbyterian Church, Daly City, SF

Psalm 시편 23

John 요한복음 10: 22-30

Congratulations on twenty-five years of ministry as the Golden Gate Presbyterian

Church. Thank you for the invitation to preach this morning. It is an honor to celebrate with you today. On behalf Presbytery of San Francisco, THANK YOU for your ministry.

금문교회가 25년 간 목회 해 온 것을 축하드립니다. 설교에 초대해 주셔서 감사드립니다. 여러분과 함께 축하하게 된 것은 영광입니다. 샌프란시스코 노회를 대표해서 여러분의 목회에 감사드립니다.

You are a vital part of a network of 68 Presbyterian congregations around the bay area. You are an important expression of the good news of Jesus Christ in this community.

베이 지역의 68개의 장로교회 교회들 네트워크에서 여러분은 대단히 중대한 구성원입니다. 여러분은 이 커뮤니티에서 예수 그리스도 복음의 대단히 중요한 발현입니다.

Today marks the 4th Sunday of Easter. Jesus is alive. God is working God’s newness, breaking through our exhaustion and fear, and bringing new hope and new life.

오늘은 예수님께서 다시 사신 부활절 이후 네 번째 주일입니다. 하나님께서는 하나님의 새로움을 이루십니다. 우리의 피로와 공포를 깨뜨리시고, 새로운 소망과 새로운 생명을 이끌어내십니다.

The scriptures for this morning celebrate Jesus as the Good Shepherd, the one who leads his flock to new and better life. Through these gospel stories we are invited to reflect upon to what it means to say: The Lord is my shepherd.

오늘 아침에 읽은 본문들은 예수님을 찬양합니다. 선한 목자로서. 당신의 양떼를 새롭고 좋은 삶으로 인도하시는 분으로. 이들 복음의 소식들을 통해 우리는 돌아보는 것입니다. 여호와께서 나의 목자시라는 선언이 무슨 뜻인지.

The invitation of the gospel today is to reorient our lives to live within the fold of the Good Shepherd. The reading from John’s gospel takes place during the festival of Dedication in Jerusalem.

오늘 그 복음의 초대는 우리 삶들을 그 선한 목자의 품안에서 새롭게 하는 것입니다. 요한복음 본문은 수전절 때 예루살렘에서 일어난 일입니다.

Jesus was walking in the temple, on the porch of Solomon. Some of the

religious leaders gathered around him and said to him; “How long with you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”

예수님께서 성전 안에서 걸으셨습니다. 솔로몬 행각에서. 어떤 종교 지도자들이 그분 주위에 모여들었습니다. 그리고 그분께 도전했습니다: “얼마나 오래 당신께서 우리를 의혹하게 하시렵니까? 당신이 메시야라면 밝히 말씀하십시오.”

Jesus answered, “I have already toldand you do not believe.” He has already said it plainly. Jesus also said, “The works I do in my father’s name testify to meand you do not believe.”

예수님께서 대답하셨습니다. “내가 이미 말했다. 그런데 너희는 믿지 않는다.” 그분께서는 이미 밝히 말씀하셨습니다. 예수님께서 또 말씀하셨습니다. “내가 내 아버지의 이름으로 행하는 일이 나를 증언한다. 그런데도 너희는 나를 믿지 않는다.”

They have all the information they need. They have heard and seen all they need to know. The reason they do not believe Jesus says is, “Because you do not belong to my sheep.”

그들은 그들이 필요로 하는 모든 정보를 가지고 있습니다. 그들은 들었고 보았습니다. 그들이 알아야 할 모든 것을. 그들이 예수님을 믿지 않는 것은 이렇습니다. 예수님께서 말씀하신 그대로입니다: “왜냐하면 너희가 내 양무리에 속하지 않았기 때문이다.”

Knowing Jesus Christ is more a matter of having all the correct information. Knowing Christ is also about belonging. It is about reorienting ourselves from one community to another.

예수 그리스도를 아는 것은 어떤 올바른 정보를 가지는 것 이상의 의미가 있습니다. 그리스도를 아는 것은 또한 소속됨을 말합니다. 그것은 우리 자신들을 새롭게 배치하는 것입니다. 하나의 커뮤니티에서 다른 어떤 것으로.

One commentary says it this way: “Knowing the Messiah involves a radical conversation, a movement from one fold to another.” (Cousar et al. (1994), p. 304)

어떤 주석은 이렇게 말했습니다. “메시야를 아는 것은 급진적인 회심을 포함한다. 어떤 무브먼트에서 다른 것으로.”

Knowing Jesus means you become part of his flock. Jesus says I am the good Shepherd and have come to lead my sheep. And His sheep hear his voice and recognize it. He knows his sheep and they follow him.

예수님을 아는 것은 그분의 양떼의 일부가 되는 것입니다. 예수님께서 나는 선한 목자라고, 양들을 이끌기 위해 왔다고 말씀하셨습니다. 그리고 그분의 양은 그분의 목소리를 듣고, 그것을 압니다. 그분은 그분의 양을 아시고, 그들은 그분을 따릅니다.

The religious leaders don’t recognize who Jesus is. Instead of saying the Lord is my shepherd, they can only ask, ‘Who are you?’ Because they do not belong to HIS sheep.

그 종교 지도자들은 예수님께서 누구신지 알지 못했습니다. 여호와께서 나의 목자라고 말하는 대신, 그들은 단지 묻기만 합니다. “당신은 누굽니까?” 왜냐하면 그들은 주님의 양무리에 속하지 않았기 때문입니다.

Jesus does not exclude them from the fold. He is not saying they can’t belong, but rather that they don’t belong to the fold. We are not explicitly told why the religious leader don’t. Maybe they don’t belong because they do not want to.

예수님께서 그들을 배제하지 않으셨습니다, 그 우리로부터. 그분께서는 그들이 소속될 수 없다고 말씀하지 않으셨습니다. 오히려 그들이 그 우리에 속하지 않은 것입니다. 우리는 왜 그 종교 지도자들이 그렇게 하지 않았는지 잘 모릅니다. 어쩌면 그들은 그들이 원하지 않았기 때문에 속하지 않았을 것입니다.

If Jesus is the Good Shepherd, then that means we are sheep. Not everyone wants to be a sheep. Maybe the religious leaders don’t want to be sheep-like.

만일 예수님께서 그 선한 목자시라면, 그것은 우리가 양떼라는 것을 말합니다. 모든 사람이 다 양이 되기를 원하지 않습니다. 어쩌면 그 종교 지도자들은 양처럼 되기를 원하지 않았을 것입니다.

Sheep get sheared. Sheep are smelly. Sheep are not the brightest he animal in barnyard. The more challenging part is that sheep are vulnerable.

양은 털을 깎입니다. 양은 냄새 납니다. 그 우릿간의 동물 중에서 양은 가장 총명한 자가 아닙니다. 가장 심각한 문제는 양은 상처 받기 쉽다는 것입니다.

In the corporate world, sheep are a metaphor for those who get run over. Sheep are not self-sufficient. Sheep are lost without a shepherd. Do you know anyone who aspires to be a sheep?

이 세상에서 양은 부족한 자의 초상입니다. 양은 스스로 일어설 수 없습니다. 양은 목자가 없다면 잃어버려집니다. 누가 양이 되려는 사람 보셨습니까?

These religious leaders hold positions of power, and authority. For them to say the Lord is My Shepherd is a confession of not only who Jesus is, but who they are too. It’s confessing, I’m not really all that powerful, I’m a sheep. I’m prone to wander. I get lost easily. I’m completely vulnerable without the shepherd.

이들 종교 지도자들은 파워와 권위의 지위가 있습니다. 그들에게 여호와께서 나의 목자라는 말은 예수님께서 누구신가 하는 고백일 뿐 아니라, 그들이 누군가 하는 고백이기도 합니다. 그것은 내가 능력 있는 자가 아니라는, 나는 그저 양이라는 고백입니다. 나는 방황하기도 하고, 나는 손쉽게 잃어버려지기도 한다. 나는 완전히 상처받기 쉽다, 목자가 없다면!

That would be a radical conversion from one fold to another. They hear Christ, they see His works, but they have not surrendered to Him as Shepherd.

그것은 하나의 우리에서 다른 우리향한 하나의 급진적인 회심입니다. 그들이 그리스도를 듣고, 그들이 그분의 사역들을 봅니다. 그러나 그들은 스스로를 내려놓으며 그분을 목자로 인정해 드리는 일을 하지 않습니다.

Those who belong to Christ, say the Lord is my Shepherd. Jesus first calls us, chooses us, and through the work of the Holy Spirit we answer His voice. Then we have made the transition, then we have been converted into the fold of Christ. It’s open to everyone, but not everyone answers.

그리스도께 속한 자들은 여호와께서 나의 목자시라고 말합니다. 예수님께서 우리를 먼저 부르셨습니다. 우리를 선택하셨습니다. 그리고 성령님의 사역을 통하여 우리는 그분의 목소리에 응답합니다. 그리고 우리는 돌아서고, 그리고 우리는 그리스도의 우리로 돌이켰습니다. 그것은 모든 이들에게 열려있습니다. 그러나 모든 이들이 다 응답하지 않습니다.

The Lord is my Shepherd proclaims Jesus is THE Good Shepherd. It’s wonderful to be a sheep in Christ’s fold. It’s a life whose yoke is easy and whose burden is light. The relationship between the Shepherd and the flock, is a wonderful grace-filled relationship.

여호와는 나의 목자시라는 고백은 예수님께서 바로 그 선한 목자시라는 선포입니다. 그리스도의 우리 안에서 양이 되는 것은 놀라운 일입니다. 그것은 삶입니다. 곧 그분의 멍에는 쉽고, 그분의 짐은 가볍습니다. 목자와 양떼의 관계는 놀라운 은혜가 충만한 관계입니다.

The Good Shepherd promises abundant life. It’s a real promise. It does not pretend that everything will be easy. Life will hard at times, real hard. Jesus said that there are those who come along with bad intentions, like thieves they come into our lives only to kill, to steal, to destroy. But Jesus comes that you may have life and have it abundantly. We can count on that promise.

선한 목자는 풍성한 삶을 약속하십니다. 그것은 참된 약속입니다. 모든 것이 쉬울 거라고 가장하지 않습니다. 인생은 때때로 어려울 것입니다. 정말로 어려울 것입니다. 예수님께서 말씀하셨습니다. 나쁜 의도를 가지고 오는 자들이 있다고. 도둑들처럼, 죽이고, 훔치고 파괴하려고 옵니다. 그러나 예수님께서는 오셔서 그들이 생명을 얻고 풍성하게 얻게 하십니다. 우리는 그 약속을 신뢰할 수 있습니다.

One of my favorite Bible verses in John 10:10 just before these verses today.

This from the Message translation: Jesus said, “I have come that they may have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of.” The sheep trusts the Shepherd and THRIVES in this relationship.

제가 좋아하는 성경 말씀들 중에 요한복음 10:10이 있습니다. 오늘 두 번째 본문 바로 앞에 있지요. 이하는 <메시지> 번역에서 인용했습니다: 예수님께서 말씀하셨습니다. ‘내가 왔다. 그들이 참되고 영원한 생명을 얻도록. 더욱 더 좋은 삶을. 그들이 꿈꾸어본 어떤 것보다.’ 양은 목자를 신뢰합니다. 그리고 번성합니다, 이 관계 안에서.

Psalm 23 is one of the most treasured, most requested verses of scripture in all the Bible. It is a celebration of the life one has when the Lord is My shepherd.

When the Lord is our shepherd, they we have an amazing and abundant life. We get to lie down in the green pastures, stroll by the still waters. We don’t have to earn it. It’s a gift we receive.

시편 23편은 성경 전체를 통틀어 사람들이 가장 소중이 여기고 가장 자주 찾은 말씀들 중에 있습니다. 어떤 누가 여호와께서 나의 목자로고 고백하는 자에게, 그것은 삶의 축제입니다. 여호와께서 우리의 목자시라면, 그들은 놀랍고 풍성한 삶을 가진 것입니다. 우리는 푸른 초장에 누울 수 있습니다. 잔잔한 물가를 거닐 수 있습니다. 우리는 그것을 획득할 필요가 없습니다. 그것은 선물입니다. 우리가 받아 누리는.

The Lord is our Shepherd, so even though there will be hard times, even though we may walk through the valley of the shadow of death, we won’t live in fear. The shepherd protects.

여호와께서는 우리의 목자이십니다. 그러므로 힘든 때가 있을지라도, 비록 우리가 사망의 음침한 골짜기를 걸을지라도, 우리 삶은 두렵지 않습니다. 목자께서 우리를 보호하시기 때문입니다.

When the Lord is our Shepherd, we get access to all the promises of abundant life, God’s guidance, God’s protection, God’s pastures, God’s mercy and goodness that pursue you.

여호와께서 우리 목자가 되실 때는, 우리는 모든 풍성한 삶의 약속들, 하나님의 인도하심, 하나님의 보호하심, 하나님의 목장들, 하나님의 긍휼하심과 선하심이 여러분을 따를 것이라는 그 모든 약속들을 가지게 됩니다.

When the Lord is our Shepherd, we aren’t lost anymore, we belong. Each of us has a room in God’s house and will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

In a culture of insatiable appetites, we don’t want anymore. In a land bombarded with negativity, and prejudice and hatred, wekeepsinging.

Who wouldn’t want to be a sheep in Christ fold?

여호와께서 우리의 목자가 되실 때, 우리는 결코 잃어버려지지 않을 것입니다. 대신 우리는 속하게 될 것입니다. 우리 각자는 자리가 있습니다. 하나님의 집에. 그리고 거하게 될 것입니다. 여호와의 집에, 영원토록. 탐욕의 식욕의 문화에서 우리는 더 이상 원하지 않습니다. 거부당하여 폭격 당한 땅에서, 그리고 편견과 미움의 땅에서

댓글목록