하나님께 가까이 함이 내게 복이라(시편73:28)

성도를 온전하게하여 하나님의 나라를 세워가는 교회

08.14.2016. Joshua 14:6-15 “Still”

• 작성자 : 김재은
  • 조회 : 2,096
  • 16-08-16 22:00

갈렙이 여호수아를 찾아갔습니다. 그리고 여호수에게 내가 아직 강하고 건강하니 전쟁을 할 수 있다고 말하며 헤브론(Hebron) 땅을 달라고 했습니다. 이 모습은 어떻게 보면 갈렙이 욕심을 부리는 것처럼 보입니다. 이미 제비뽑기로 땅분배가 끝난 상황에서 자기 몫을 더 챙기려는 것 처럼 보입니다. 그러나 갈렙은 욕심을 부린 것이 아니었습니다. 그는 45년전 가나안땅을 정탐하고 나서 모세를 통해 받았던 하나님의 약속을 기억하고 그 약속을 지키려는 열정이 있었습니다. “그 날에 모세가 맹세하여 이르되 네가 내 하나님 여호와께 충성하였은즉 네 발로 밟는 땅은 영원히 너와 네 자손의 기업이 되리라 하였나이다”(9)

갈렙의 나이 85세입니다. 그는 그가 이미 가지고 있던 것을 누리며 남은 여생을 살 수 있었습니다. 하지만 갈렙은 자신의 편안한 삶보다 하나님의 약속을 더 중요하게 생각했습니다. 그렇기때문에 여호수아와 다른 지파사람들의 오해를 무릅쓰고 여호수아에게 나아갈 수 있었습니다.

우리 아이들이 예배와 찬양, 말씀을 통해 하나님의 약속을 발견하기 원합니다. 그리고 그것으로 그치는 것이 아니라 하나님의 약속을 마음에 간직하고 광야같은 삶을 견디는 믿음을 가지 수 있기를 소망합니다.

우리 아이들을 통해 하나님의 약속이 성취되는 날을 기대하며 기도해주시기 바랍니다.

Caleb went to Joshua to ask the land of Hebron and said that “I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out; I’m just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then.” Some people might think Caleb is selfish and expecting too much regarding Caleb’s request for Hebron. But he wasn’t grasping at all rather he was so passionate about the Lord’s promise that he was received through Moses forty-five years ago. Caleb believed God’s promise must be fulfilled. “So on that day Moses swore to me, ‘Since you were faithful to the LORD God, I promise that the places where you went as a spy will belong to you and your descendants forever’ (14:9)

Caleb is 85 years old the day he asked Hebron to Joshua. He could enjoy for the rest of his remaining life but he chose God’s promise over his comfortable life. That’s why he could come and ask Joshua about the hill country that the Lord promised to him. He didn’t care about whether the other tribes and Joshua mistake him or not, he was focused on God’s promise.

I pray that our Youth can find the Lord’s promise on each of the individuals through our worship, praise, and the God’s word. And I wish they have the faith that Caleb had so that they could believe and keep the vision that God has given for them.

Please pray for our Youth that they could fulfill God’s promise upon them!

댓글목록