하나님께 가까이 함이 내게 복이라(시편73:28)

성도를 온전하게하여 하나님의 나라를 세워가는 교회

2017.5.21. John 20:24~29 “Thomas”

• 작성자 : 김재은
  • 조회 : 3,443
  • 17-05-23 21:47

John 20:24~29 “Thomas”

I believe Thomas wasn’t a doubting but he was a person who is seeking the grace of God and wants to believe Jesus whom he has believed. In today’s scripture Thomas said he’s not going to believe Jesus’ resurrection unless he see the nail marks in Jesus’ hands and put his finger where the nails were and put his hand into His side. Yes, Thomas seems to be doubting but we have to remember that the first thing Jesus appeared himself to the disciples was He showed them his hands and side. And the disciples were overjoyed when they saw Jesus. (20:20)

In this sense I think Thomas also wanted to have the grace of the Lord which the rest of disciples have received; Tomas expected to meet and touch Him as well. Moreover, he got desire to clear up Jesus’ resurrection through an actual act, seeing the nail marks in the body of Jesus. Jesus even knew Thomas’ faith in Him so that He came and appeared to him even after a week later when the disciples seen Him first. And Thomas confessed to him, “My Lord and my God”.

As a matter of fact, our physical and mental conditions are not so strong, so it is very hard for us to believe something we didn’t see. Jesus knows our weakness so that He came down to the earth for our sins and even showed His nail marks to us. Through this blessing and love, we be able to have faith and believe Jesus Christ without needing to see His nail marks, but with the Word of God, the Bible.

도마는 의심이 많은 사람이었다기보다는 은혜를 사모하고 자신이 믿는 예수님을 확실히 믿고 싶어하는 사람이었습니다. 오늘 본문의 도마는 자신이 예수님의 상처 난 손과 옆구리를 보기 전까지 예수님께서 다시 살아나신 것을 믿지 않겠다고 말합니다. 이것은 믿음이 없는 모습처럼 보이기도 하고 도마가 의심을 하는 것처럼 보입니다. 그러나 예수님께서 다른 제자들에게 나타나셨을 때 하신 일이 자신의 손의 상처와 옆구리를 제자들에게 보이셨습니다. 그때 제자들이 기뻐했습니다.(20)

이로 보았을 때 도마는 다른 제자들에게 임했던 은혜 곧 예수님을 만나고 만질 수 있는 은혜를 자신도 기대했던 것 입니다. 그리고 이를 통해서 예수님께서 살아나신 것을 확실히 알고 싶었기 때문에 보기 전에는 믿지 못하겠다고 한 것입니다. 예수님은 도마의 마음을 아셨고 여드레가 지나고 그에게도 동일하게 나타셨습니다. 이때 도마는 은혜에 감격해서 나의 주님 나의 하나님이라고 고백합니다.

우리는 연약해서 보지 못한 것을 믿기는 힘듭니다. 하지만 우리 주님은 우리를 위해 직접 이 땅에 오시고 그의 못 자국 난 손과 발을 보여 주셨습니다. 이로 인해 우리는 예수님을 알게 되었고 믿을 수 있게 되었습니다. 이제 우리는 예수님을 보지 못해도 믿을 수 있습니다. 왜냐하면 우리는 말씀을 통해 예수님을 알았기 때문입니다. 그렇기 때문에 우리는 모두 복된 사람들입니다.

댓글목록