하나님께 가까이 함이 내게 복이라(시편73:28)

성도를 온전하게하여 하나님의 나라를 세워가는 교회

MEF 아프리카 두번째 유학생을 위한 기도요청 A prayer request

• 작성자 : pastor
  • 조회 : 29,280
  • 14-11-21 23:33

MEF 회원 여러분께

샬롬!

이 글은 MEF 버클리 모임에서 가능성만 타진했던 사안이었던 바 아프리카에서 미국으로 오는 두번째 유학생을 위한 기도제목으로 요청드립니다.

Shalom!

This is a prayer request the possibility of which we shared at the first Berkeley meeting: the second African student to the US.

11월 12일 수요일에 ABSW 총장과 만난 자리에서 아폴리네리 목사님 같은 아프리카 학생 한 명이 더 지원하면 어떻겠느냐 물었습니다. 그분 대답이 환영한다고 했습니다. 그날 오후, 현재 아폴리네리 목사님이 묵고 있는 버클리 장로교 미션홈스 매니저 목사님을 만난 자리에서 아프리카에서 한 명이 더 와도 아폴리네리 목사님처럼 방을 배려해 주겠느냐 물었습니다. 매니저의 말이, 다음 날(11월 13일) 미션홈스 이사회가 모이는데 그날 지원서를 검토할 수 있으니 오늘 이름과 몇 가지 내용만 기입해서 지원서를 제출해 달라고 했습니다. 내친김에 아폴리네리 목사님에게 류삼바 버나드 목사님 이름을 적은 지원서를 제출하자고 말했습니다. 그는 기쁜 마음으로 동의했습니다. 이렇게 해서 그날 미션홈스 지원서가 제출되었습니다.

On Wednesday, November 12, 2014, in a meeting with Dr. Paul Martin, President of ABSW, I asked whether a second student from Africa could be accepted to the same degree program with the same scholarship as Rev. Appolinaire, he answered yes. That afternoon, at a meeting with Rev. Sally, Executive Manager of Berkeley Presbyterian Mission Homes, where Rev. Appolinaire resides, I asked if another student from Africa could be accepted to the Homes with the same condition as Rev. Appolinaire, and she said yes. In addition, she recommended us to write an application and the next day Board meeting will read that. I discussed with Rev. Appolinaire and named Rusamba Bernard for the possible applicant. The application was submitted.

MEF 회원 여러분. 우리는 지금 아폴리네리 목사님의 지원에 집중하고 있습니다. 현재 상태는 무리없이 그분의 공부를 계속 지원할 수 있는 인적 자원과 재정적 자원이 확보되었습니다. 지난 주일(16일) 금문교회 출신으로 현재 프레즈노장로교회(박광래 목사님)에서 부서를 맡고 있는 유진수 목사님이 MEF 회원으로 등록했고, 어제 20일 첫달 후원금을 MEF 어카운트에 송금했습니다. 이처럼 하나님께서 우리의 기도를 들어주셔서 함께하는 분들의 수가 늘고 있습니다.

Dear memebers of MEF. We are focusing on support of Rev. Appolinarie. Now we believe enough fundraising is made for his study. Last week, Rev. Yoo, former associate pastor of Golden Gate Church, now assisting Rev. David Park at Fresno Presbyterian C?hurch, applied for the membership of MEF and wired some to MEF account. This way, God listens to us, and friends are gathering to work together.

아폴리네리 목사님 외에 다른 한 명의 아프리카 유학생이 미국에 오는 일은 우리가 기도하며 예상한 일입니다. 그러나 그 유학생이 누가 될지, 그 시기가 언제가 될지, 누가 어떤 방식으로 초청할지, 어떤 학교에서 어떤 학위 프로그램을 공부할지 이 모든 것은 MEF의 토의와 동의가 필요한 사항입니다. 11월 12일 수요일에 제가 ABSW 총장과 미션홈스 매니저를 만나 대화한 것과 미션홈스 지원서를 제출하게 된 것은 MEF 회원 여러분의 동의를 전제한 것입니다. 조만간 회원 여러분의 동의를 구하는 모임을 주선하겠습니다. 거리 관계로 한 자리에 모이는 것이 가능성이 높지 않지만 회원카톡이나 이메일, 혹은 전화 등으로 의견을 여쭙겠습니다. 그래서 만일 그 두번째 유학생이 르완다에서 사역하고 있는 류삼바 버나드가 선정되고, 그 시기가 2015년 가을학기, 그리고 학교가 ABSW의 MDiv 과정이라면 기왕에 총장과 매니저와 대화한 내용이 전체 진행에 탄력을 제공할 것입니다. 만일 저의 제안에 어떤 다른 의견도 수용이 가능합니다. 그러나 루샴바 버나드 목사를 생각한 저의 생각을 물어 주시면 성실하게 대답해 드리겠습니다. 2015년 여름까지 MEF 회원의 수가 부흥하고 재정사정이 좋아지면 두번째 유학생을 위한 우리의 기도는 응답될 것입니다. 그러나 이런 두 가지의 가정이 현실로 나타지 않는다면 ABSW 입학허가를 한 해 연장할 수 있으며, 미션홈스 매니저에게도 한해 이후에 재고해 주시기를 청할 수 있겠습니다. 여러분께서 기도하시는 중에 의견을 주시기를 부탁드립니다.

Another students are in our prayer, if not specified by name. MEF will decide who would be the one, and when it be the time, and who would invite them. What I met Dr. Paul Martin and Rev. Sally was conditional to the members' agreement. Sooner or later, let us gather to make decision. Even before the meeting, each of you could share your opinions by email, Katok, or phone calls. If the second student would be Bernard and the school be ABSW with MDiv program, staying at the Homes, what I shared with Dr. Martin and Rev. Sally would be realized. Minor or major changes of this would be fine, if agreed. Upon request, I am ready to explain why I thought of Rev. Bernard for the second. Each of you may recommend different student, if you prefer. With the growth of MEF by membership and fund, our prayer for the second student will be answered soon. If not, we could defer the admission to ABSW and the Homes a year. I wait for your opinion.

회원 여러분. 이번 주일이 추수감사주일입니다. 은혜 중에 소속하신 교회에서 기쁜 추수감사예배를 드리시고, 그 주간에 가정에 큰 즐거움이 넘치는 추수감사일을 맞으시기를 빕니다. 주님의 은혜 가운데 조은석 목사 드립니다.

Brothers and sisters. This week is the Thanksgiving. Hope your worship service and gathering are wonderful in joy and grace. In Christ of His grace, Eun Suk Cho

댓글목록